Please read our viewing, reservation, and letting policies below before booking a viewing and/or signing up for a house. You can find more detailed student advice here..
- Viewings are booked on a first come first serve basis.
- Houses are rented on a first come first serve basis – please email us to request a contract.
- We will never pressure you into signing for a house on the spot, however, we ask that you be aware that we cannot hold a house without a signed contract and a deposit.
- If you wish to reserve a house, we require the contract signed by all tenants and returned to us (an electronic copy is fine or you can just pop into the office to hand in the paper contract)
- Once a contract is signed we then ask for you to pay the deposit within 48 hours and 7 days to return your guarantor form and information.
- If we do not receive all deposits and paperwork within 14 days of signing a contract and we do not have notice from yourselves of a delay/prior agreement for more time, then the house will be placed back on the website as available.
- When we have received guarantor details from you, a credit/reference check will be undertaken to confirm they are in a suitable position to stand as guarantor and whether they are able to meet the financial liabilities.
- Once the contract is signed, deposits paid, and suitable guarantors provided for each tenant the house is then secure for your group!
- If you do not have a guarantor or don’t want to provide one, you either need to pay your rent upfront before Sept 1st or use a guarantor agency such as Housing Hand who for a fee will act as your guarantor for you. We can provide more information on this.
- If you are an international student, you will have to provide a confirmation of studies document that can be issued by your University and any other relevant documents.
Dropping out of the contract
Please note that if you drop out of the contract after signing it, whether or not you have already moved into the property or paid rent, it’s your responsibility to find a suitable replacement and you are liable for the rent until you do. Please read the terms and conditions for finding a replacement below.
Re-renting rooms – terms and conditions
- The replacement must be under 25 and ideally either a full-time student or a recent graduate. We try to get the best match.
- If working (full time only) they must provide 3 months’ of wage slips and bank statements and provide their previous and most recent address and you must make clear they are responsible to pay the council tax for the property.
- If working they must provide a work contact and references
- They must provide their previous landlord/agents’ details
- They must provide a suitable UK guarantor
- They must agree to take over the full remainder of the contract or the original tenant will agree to make up the rent if the new tenant does not take over the full remainder of the contract
Please be aware that we have to receive written confirmation from all other members of the household to say that are happy and comfortable with the replacement.
Advertising and viewings – terms and conditions
– We can but not limited to, place an advertisement on our website for you and this will be charged at £99. This is In order to assist you in finding a potential replacement.
– Please note if you drop out of your contract you forfeit your full deposit amount.
We will always try to help wherever we can as we understand some situations are out of your control. However, the main onus on finding a replacement and signing them up to a contract is on you.